Without Reason: Serial Killers in History
For as long as man has been walking the face of the Earth, murder has been ever present. Although most of the time, the act is a side effect of anger, jealousy, or love. However, there have been times throughout our history that man has killed many times without rhyme or reason. For no other purpose than to do it, many have committed murder.
1. Ted Bundy – Responsible for more than 30 murders, Ted Bundy was put to death in 1989 by electric chair. His victim of choice were young women and girls. His killing spree stretched across several states leaving a trail of blood in his wake.
2. Jeffrey Dahmer – With at least 17 deaths on his hands, Jeffrey Dahmer was accused of rape, dismemberment, necrophilia and cannibalism of men and boys. After surviving one attempt on his life in prison, Dahmer was eventually beaten to death by a fellow inmate.
3. John Wayne Gacy, Jr. – Once believed to be a caring individual spawned from his work with charitable organizations, Gacy sexually assaulted and murdered some 33 men and young boys. Many of these victims were buried in the crawl space of his own home. His life came to an end in 1994 from lethal injection.
4. Andre Crawford – Convicted of killing 11 women in the 1990s, Andre favored attacking prostitutes and drug addicts. A 12th woman was attacked but survived the incident.
5. Donald Harvey – Referred to as the “The Angel of Death” by many, Harvey confessed to killing as many as 87 patients in order to “ease their pain”. More than 37 deaths have been linked to Harvey and he is now a resident of the Allen Correctional Institution in Lima, Ohio.
6. Marybeth Tinning – Although she is serving a 20 year sentence for the smothering of one of her children, there are suspicions that she had involvement in the deaths of all nine. There was no concrete evidence to support Tinning’s involvement with the deaths other than she was always alone when the incident occurred.
Sometimes, murders have been conducted by those who were sociably acceptable people. The mindset some of these individuals had been methodical and to them, the reason was absolutely clear. In many of these cases, we couldn’t wrap our mind around why anyone would be so cold. All we can do is watch for signs, if they are available, before we become victims ourselves.
This guest post was provided by Allison Foster. She has a solid writing resume that includes blogging both personally and professionally and regular freelance writing and photography jobs. She has enjoyed furthering her writing career with Nanny Classifieds
Filed under: crime, high profile, murder, murder in the 20th Century, murder in the 21st Century, Serial Killer | Tagged: Guest Post, serial killers | Leave a Comment »